Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Savabeel & Pins Head 2006 Waikato Fees
Meanwhile Waikato Stud announced its 2006 stallion fees & studmaster Mark Chittick noted: "Our policy is to serve a capped book of 130 mares, which gives each of our stallions as well as their supporters every opportunity."
- Savabeel (Zabeel-Savannah Success, by Success Express) will again stand at NZ$35,000 after covering an impressive book of mares in his 1st season at stud last year (including River Century, Logical Lady, Nicole's Niner, Vedodara, Sound Lover, Tall Poppy, Ugachaka, Starcent & Blanchard). Chittick commented: "August will be an exciting time with the arrival of Savabeel's 1st foals. I'm confident he'll leave progeny with his outstanding attributes, so breeders will have a product to be proud of."
- Pins (Snippets-No Finer, by Kaoru Star) will stand at NZ$25,000 following a sensational season with 6 individual stakes-winners & Chittick said: "With El Segundo & Econsul both Gr1 winners in Australia & now Legs successful in the Gr1 NZ Oaks, Pins is indisputably one of the most exciting young sires in Australasia. We are incredibly fortunate to have him in NZ."
- O'Reilly (Last Tycoon-Courtza, by Pompeii Court) will remain at NZ$12,000 & Chittick commented: "He continues to do a great job throughout Australasia & Asia & is 5th on the sires' list in Hong Kong, a huge achievement considering the international flavour of the horses competing there. On the local scene Kerry O'Reilly, O'Borio, The One, Master Hunter & Walsburgs Pride have been great flag-bearers. Then there's Singapore galloper Arenti, now the winner of 6-from-7."
- No Excuse Needed (Machiavellian-Nawaiet, by Zilzal) will stand at NZ$10,000 following a highly successful sales series: at Karaka Premier his yearlings sold up to NZ$500,000 & averaged NZ$142,000 (18 times his service fee). Chittick summed up: "He is a very exciting young sire & is obviously leaving the types that leading buyers are after. Being by Machiavellian, the same sire line as Almutawakel, this is all working in his favour."
- Scaredee Cat (Tale Of The Cat-Last Lady, by Centaine) will stand at NZ$5,000 & Chittick said: "He ran the 2nd fastest time ever when he won the Gr2 Ascot Vale, which is proving to be a time-honoured race for sires of the future with past winners including Vain, Century, Kaapstad & Encosta de Lago. He covered some top class mares in his 1st season, so with this support he'll get every chance."